- Properly "condition" (fully charge/discharge for first 3 cycles) the battery when it is new.
- Keep the battery and the contact terminals clean.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat and cold.
- Use the battery. If possible, avoid letting your battery sit dormant for long periods of time.
- Use only the phone options and accessories that you really need.
- Charge and re-condition a battery after an extended idle period.
- Toss, drop, or otherwise abuse the battery.
- Short-circuit the battery.
- Open and expose the cell contents.
- Modify the battery casing and/or housing.
- Allow the battery to be exposed to rain or excessive moisture.
- Incinerate a battery. Properly dispose of a used battery.